Wednesday 6 March 2002

6th March, 2002.

Woo-hoo! A Cow-orker free day! And I was feeling especially fragile this morning, too. I can't believe how much my mood has improved just from the absence of one person.

The concern of my workmates is touching - one of them has offered to come over to my desk and start babbling at me if I feel lonely, which made me and my manager laugh out loud, so obviously everyone's enjoying the holiday spirit of the day.


Gone but not forgotten...

My manager and I spent several minutes revisiting some of the Cow-orker highlights of the last year or so ("Cow-orker Classics", I suppose you could call them). My manager hadn't heard about some of the more surreal efforts and laughed so hard he was crying. For my part, I was alerted to some things that had escaped my notice up until now, such as the Cow-orker's propensity for wearing too-revealing clothes in the most inappropriate circumstances (and with the most inappropriate body posture), and the threat of lethal foot odour. Now I know to be doubly careful when the Cow-orker kicks back and puts her feet up on the desk.

Workplace bonding is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment