Monday 18 March 2002

18th March, 2002.

This happened *literally* within two minutes of her getting in this morning.

"I have to order this equipment for someone. I've got quotes from the supplier I really really like [the "you guys kick arse" one] and another supplier that I like, but not as much because they won't spend hours talking to me on the phone. Should I order through the ones I don't like as much, even though they're cheaper?"

"Well, yes." Duh.

"See, I thought I could just rung up the suppliers I really like and ask them to tack this extra equipment on to an order we already have with them."

"No, you know we can't do that. The purchasing policies we have to work with won't let us, and accounts won't pay it."

"But when I rang them to do this -"

Hellooooo!!! Is anyone home? Did someone evacuate Planet Cow-orker when I wasn't looking?

"- they'd already placed our order with their suppliers and they couldn't do it anyway. So what should I do?"

"Put an order in with the cheaper suppliers."

"So should I start getting an order organised for the cheaper ones, then?"

I'm confused. Should I be thumping my head against the desk at this point, or hers?


Ten minutes later.

"Let me tell you all about the phone call my mother had from my godmother this morning about her daughter's upcoming wedding."

A point! A point! My kingdom for a point!

I'm now experiencing a new "personal best" for fastest induced stress headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment